Welcome to my-dietician.co.za!
As a dietician, I strongly believe that healthy eating is for the whole family and I invite you, along with my clients and patients, to browse through this site for healthy recipes and novel ideas for kids..
My special interest in the diverse field of dietetics lies in the reduction of childhood and teen obesity. Practicing from a paediatrician’s rooms, I have found myself addressing the problem of childhood obesity on a regular basis. Childhood obesity has been described by the World Health Organisation as “one of the most serious public health challenges of the 21st century”. I believe that a child’s health cannot be addressed without assessing the family’s health and attitude towards food and therefore family counseling is the most effective approach to combating childhood obesity.
I currently practice at Westville Hospital and the Highway Diabetes Centre (Centenary Medical Centre, Hillcrest)
Individual Nutrition Assessment and Counseling for:
- Childhood Obesity & Family Diet
- Pregnancy & Early Childhood Nutrition
- Diabetes Management (Type 1 & 2)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Management
- Weight Loss
- Discovery Vitality Assessments
- Menu & Recipe Design (schools, old age homes, tuckshops, office cantenes)
- Media writing
- Pamphlet and poster design for nutrition education
Healthy eating can be enjoyable, especially when you know how! Follow me on social media for quick tips, recipes and more…